Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing
I need urgent help
The Icebreak team is not a crisis team. Therefore if you are struggling and need help now please see below for how to access support:
I'm having suicidal thoughts
If you feel you are in imminent danger of taking your own life, please:
- talk to your GP
- dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E)
If you don’t feel in immediate danger of killing yourself but are frightened by the thought that you might, you could:
- Talk to someone you trust about how you’re feeling
- Read Mind's information about coping with suicidal feelings, which has some tips and links that you might find useful.
If you’re finding it hard to find the words, you might want to speak to someone who is trained to listen:
- Mind infoline: Tel: 0300 123 3393 (weekdays 9am - 6pm) or email: email@example.com
- Samaritans Tel: 116 123 open 24 hours a day and free to call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOPELineUK 0800 068 41 41, email: email@example.com , text: 07786 209697
I'm thinking of harming myself
You might feel that you want to harm yourself as a way of dealing with extreme feelings. However, there are things you can do to help control the urge to self-harm. Please:
- Have a look at some tips on dealing with the urges
- Join a support forum to get and give support from others
- Talk to your GP
If you feel that you’re in immediate danger of seriously harming yourself, call 999 and ask for help or go to your nearest Accident & Emergency department (A&E).
If you’re not sure about which of these is right for you, or you want to talk about other options that might be available, you can talk to Mind:
Mind Infoline 0300 123 3393 (weekdays 9am 6pm) or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Information updated January 2018 and will be reviewed in September 2018.