The Zone believes that everyone, regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, should live free from abuse.
Our policies and procedures ensure that all the young people and adults we work with:
• are able to safely access Zone Services,
• are protected from abuse .
The Zone has a duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of people we work with. Our safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice as set out by Livewell Southwest, Plymouth Local Children’s Safeguarding Board and Plymouth Local Adult Safeguarding Board.
Our policies aim to serve the best interests of those we work with. We will listen and where possible support people as they want to be supported.
The Zone is aware that some people are more vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy The Zone will:
• Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of those at risk.
• Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with training to recognise and respond to signs of all forms of abuse.
• Take appropriate action if we have concerns about abuse or risk of abuse and support anyone who raises or discloses a concern.
• Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
• Safely recruit suitable staff and volunteers who sign up to our professional boundaries policy.
• Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
• Work in partnership with all relevant agencies to prevent and reduce abuse across Plymouth.
Our policy and procedures are widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone working in The Zone.
If you would like to find out more about Safeguarding at The Zone please contact us.